Mwalimu Andrew- Sunday Nation

Sunday 10 August 2014

December 30th 2012

***Fiolina's day out in Nairobi***

In the wake of the fire lit by Xtash and which I rushed home to extinguish, I planned to travel back immediately. Since I was broke, I wanted to travel back alone, but Fiolina, my Running Mate, insisted that I fulfil my promise of taking her to Nairobi.


“I have no money,” I pleaded, “so you will be hungry in Nairobi.”
“Heri kukaaNairobi njaa kuliko kukaa hapa kama nimeshiba,” she said. “Only your father wants me here, the rest have defected to Xtash.”
I told her that was a lie, and that my family would accept the woman I chose. “Right now that woman is you.”
Whenever my First Lady is angry, she usually resorts to using SMS even when we are in the same room. “Sweethut I mast go to Nairobi, I can’t remain hear,” she SMSed me while having supper.
I did not reply, but this did not stop her from texting me again. “You can lend the money from your freind.”
I still did not reply.
Those of you who have been to Mwisho wa Lami know that the people who board or alight from Msamaria Mwema are usually known. That is why news that Xtash had boarded a Nairobi-bound Msamaria Mwema spread in the village like bush fire.
“Are you the one the one who gave Xtash ‘transport’ to go to Nairobi so that you can meet there?” Fiolina asked me when the news reached her. I told her that I was not even aware that Xtash had gone to Nairobi.
“Know I now why you don’t want to go with me,” she SMSed me.
I borrowed some money from my mother – I never borrow from my father – and I travelled with Fiolina to Nairobi the next morning.
She asked me many questions on the way. I can’t remember that number of times she asked “Kwani hatufiki?”
As soon as we reached Naivasha, she collected her bags in readiness to alight.
As soon as she saw the “Welcome to Nairobi” sign, she stood up and started walking towards the door, clutching her bag. After much cajoling, she agreed to sit near the door, but every time the bus stopped to drop off passengers, she would attempt to alight.
We finally alighted at around 4 pm and immediately boarded a KU-bound matatu. I was lucky she was tired, otherwise she would have asked many more questions. The walk from KU’s gate to Nyayo hostels really excited her, and she could not believe that all the buildings and streets belonged to Kenyatta University.
But the most exciting was walking all the way to third floor, Nyayo 3. Fiolina had never been to a storey building.
In her bag, she had tea in a flask and boiled maize which she served us as soon as we got into the room. Wesonga drank the tea quite happily.
Fiolina then prepared supper – there was no going to KM if I could get fresh food cooked by my wife. We borrowed sufurias from our neighbours and Fiolina prepared ugali and omena, which she had carried from home.
Although Wesonga had not liked the idea of Fiolina’s visit, he was quite happy to have supper without spending a cent. It was clear Fiolina was tired after supper and wanted to sleep. I had to “exile” Wesonga. With a full stomach, he was only too happy to leave so he picked up his books and went to a friend’s room.
Fiolina insisted on sleeping on the first floor of the bed instead on ground floor.
“Sijawahi lala kwa kitanda ya ghorofa!” she said, climbing up to sleep. I took time to write the notes from the classes I had missed but soon started dozing off. I joined her in bed.
We woke up very late on Sunday morning and, after breakfast – strong tea and kaa ngumu– we left for town. It was Fiolina’s day out. First stop was KU’s flyover, from where we watched vehicles sped past.
Fiolina was so excited that we stayed there for long and had to cancel the Uhuru Park tour. From the flyover, we went to town. Since I do not know the town well, I only took her to KICC.
“Watu hutembea mpaka huko juu?” she asked, pointing at the topmost floors.
“They use lifts,” I replied.
“Can we go in? I have never climbed a lift,” she asked excitedly. I told her that we couldn’t go in at that time but I could look for another building in town where we could use a lift.
I thought of taking her to moving stairs at KU’s Ultra-Post-Modern Library but I remembered she wouldn’t be allowed in as she did not have a student ID. We then took photos while “touching” the peak of the skyscraper. Fiolina could not believe it when the photos were presented a few minutes later.
Quite happy
“Kwaninegative zimeoshwa saa ngapi?” she asked, quite happy. She then asked for several copies.
“Wacha nionyeshe wale husema sijafikaNairobi,” she told me.
I then took her to lunch. Fiolina had never eaten chips and was really eager to taste them. I walked her to a chips place near the KU stage. She enjoyed herself although she embarrassed me by pouring tomato sauce into a glass, thinking it was juice.
From there we went straight to KU where Fiolina, too tired, went straight to bed. Later that evening I took her to KM for supper. We went to bed early on the bed’s first floor.
Last Monday, I took her to KU’s fly-over where she spent the whole morning watching cars as I attend classes. We went to Ruiru town in the afternoon.
On Christmas day, we went to Uhuru Park, and then passed by KICC where we took more photos. From there I took her to Machakos Airport where she boarded Msamaria Mwema to Mwisho wa Lami.
I went back to KU, very broke and quite behind in class work. Unless I do something drastic, I may fail exams this session. But I don’t regret it as I made a lasting impression on Fiolina. I hope she will remember this for the rest of her life.

Mwalimu Andrew- Sunday Nation on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY $$$
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.

    Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com
    Phone No: +919873186890.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the article.Am Richard Ontomwa from kenya.Am in need of a loan to expand my business.my no is-0773985518

      Delete
  2. MRS. IRENE QUERY FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    God bless you Mum, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Mrs.Rachel Alex, and I am from Singapore . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed her and explain all about my financial situation to her, she therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $180,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 3% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 3% and better repayment schedule, please contact MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE via email{mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day Sir/Madam: Do you need an urgent loan to finance your business or in any purpose? We are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan lender we offer loans to Business firms. Individuals, companies firms, corporate bodies at an affordable interest rate of 3%. It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit. We shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. We are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We offer Educational loan, Business loan, home loan, Agricultural loan, Personal loan, Auto loan with either a good or bad credit history. If you are interested in our above loan offer you are advice to fill the below information and return to us for more details. You can contact us with this email (standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com) we shall respond to you as soon as we receive your loan application details below.

    First name:
    Middle name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Total Amount Needed:
    Time Duration:
    Address:
    Currency Needed
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Mobile/cellular:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    ( standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com )for immediate attention. Contact
    us now and get an urgent loan within two (2) days!!!
    Regards,
    Mr Abdul Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thenx for the information I wish to know more coz am interested and in need of the loan also terms and conditions.

    ReplyDelete